Micah said that God is coming to earth, speaking of the "last days" -- the future around his time (or even possibly yet to come now):
- "...The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem (i.e, Jerusalem will rule in the end)..." (Micah 4:2)
- "...They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nations will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." (Micah 4:3; note similarity to Isaiah 2:4)
- "In that day...I will gather the lame...the exiles...those I have brought to grief...The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and forever." (Micah 4:6-7).
Micah refers to the Messiah:
- "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for Me One who will be Ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times (or -- from days of eternity)." (Micah 5:2).
- "...His greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And He will be their peace." (Micah 5:4-5).
Micah says that all God wants of man is: "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8)